TOG - Agenda, September 2016

  1. Local Arrangements/Opening Remarks (Bondarenko, Vicente)
  2. Approval & last minute additions to Agenda (all)
  3. Acceptance of minutes from last meeting (all) Madrid February 9, 2016
  4. Review of Action Items from last meeting (all; see Action Items from last meeting )
  5. Review of Permanent Action Items (all; see Permanent Action Items)
  6. Reliability/Performance of the EVN
    • Reliability/Performance of the EVN (Blanchard)
    • NME results (Blanchard)
    • Feedback from last sessions
  7. Amplitude Calibration
    • Quality of calibration (Blanchard)
    • Any issue with ANTAB-files to comment (Blanchard)
    • Diode cal trigger and recording start times (Campbell)
    • Continuous cal: availability at stations, issues processing antab during last sessions? (all)
  8. VLBI backends
    • Summary from the DBBC master? (Alef)
    • DBBC. Status at the telescopes: number of COREs, Fila10G (All)
  9. Recorders: Mark 5,6, Flexbuf
    • Adoption of VDIF for Mark5C, Flexbuff and Mark6. Status and future plans.
    • jive5ab & m5copy news? (Verkouter)
    • Status: Mark 5A/B/B+/C software, firmware, SDK9 (all)
    • Disk inventory and purchase status (Vicente, all)
    • Flexbuff & Mark6 issues (all)
    • Future flexbuff purchases at the EVN (all)
    • OoS diskpack inventory (Requested by Kvazar)
  10. Stations
    • Irbene status
    • eMerlin in the EVN.
  11. EVLBI
    • Current correlator capabilities and future ones.
    • KVAZAR network integration
    • 2 Gbps and mixed mode.
    • Proxy status at the stations
  12. Technical Developments
    • 4 Gbps. Technical requirements and current status.
    • Triggered observations. What is the current status?
    • Flexbuff & Mark6. Utilities: vbs_ls and vbs_fs (Verkouter)
    • m5copy graphical tool for transfers (Leeuwinga)
    • VGOS lessons: 4 gbps PFB mode (Vicente)
    • DBBC3. Current status and developments (Alef)
  13. JIVE
    • Technical Operations and R&D at JIVE, (Szomoru)
  14. NRAO
    • NRAO status report (Vicente on behalf of Jon Romney?)
  15. Haystack
    • Haystack status report ()
  16. Field System, status and new features
    • Status report, new developments ()
  17. Mid term future
    • Technological developments for 2016-2018. How should we prepare: 1 GHz IFs? Optical fibers from Rxs?
    • Developments with geodetic community?
  18. Radionet4
    • Impact on the TOG.
  19. Single point of failures (human resources at stations)
  20. Date and place of the next TOG meeting
  21. AOB