Astronomy Across Europe: Now And For The Future
There are three astronomy I3s: RadioNet, OPTICON and ILIAS. This network will bring the three together to ensure the full representation of all interested parties in discussions and decisions of common concern. The primary goals are five-fold:
- to educate and inform the whole European community of the large planned projects;
- to mobilise their enthusiasm to ensure that such projects succeed;
- to provide an interface between the astronomy I3s and the European Commission. This will be particularly important in providing an astronomy-wide global overview that will, among other things, consider future increased integration under FP7;
- to hold annual public presentations of the network activities, normally at JENAM meetings;
- as one part of the longer-term developments, to develop the science cases for the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) and the Extremely Large Telescopes (ELTs) and discuss them in a community-wide programme.
The Astronomy Across Europe Chair is P. Diamond (JBO)
More information can be found on the wiki page AstronomyAcrossEuropeWikiPage.